Live-In Home Care Companions
Why Live-In Homecare For Your Loved Ones?
It’s about continuity of care – we’re there around the clock.
Live-In Home Care Agency
Live-in home care, our most comprehensive service and part of our Continuum of Care, provides around the clock help for those who need continued care. Live-in care provides the consistency of a single caregiver and familiar face in the home for ongoing supportive care and significant assistance needs.
The live-in companion provides intermittent care over each 24-hour period with appropriate meal and rest periods, and is always present in the home for emergent situations.
Typically more cost effective than institutional care, live-in care helps the client remain at home and continue familiar routines with a caregiver who can provide assistance with all aspects of daily life:
- Social interaction and company
- Assistance with daily household tasks such as cooking, cleaning and laundry
- Personal care such as bathing, dressing, grooming, incontinence care
- Assistance with mobility, transfers and if needed, with bed-bound care
- Assistance with memory issues
- Help with maintaining medication schedules
- Transportation and accompaniment to appointments and other outings in the community
How Live-In Care Works
Live-in care is exactly what it sounds like – we match the client with a qualified live-in caregiver who resides in the home around the clock. The live-in companion can assist with a myriad of tasks and activities during the day such as helping with personal care, helping to maintain the household, assisting the client moving around the home, memory issues and more. Live-in care is personalized to each client, and can evolve as the client’s needs change over time. The live-in companion becomes part of the daily routine, and over time many live-in caregivers become part of the family and often become the “rock” that helps the client maintain their independence and dignity.
Over the years, countless families have shared praise for their live-in caregivers, often expressing how having a good set of “eyes and ears” in the home made all the difference for the client’s overall well-being. Not surprisingly, they frequently share that their caregiver has become far more over time… they have become a friend.
With the understanding that the person lives in the client’s home, we put extra effort into matching clients with live-in companions. We specialize in fostering lasting and beneficial relationships. In fact, we have live-in caregivers in place today who have been with their clients for years.
The living arrangements are fairly simple, and can be flexible based on the client’s needs and home environment. At a minimum, the live-in caregiver needs a comfortable place to sleep and store their belongings, the basic staples for all meals, time for meal breaks and down time, and eight hours of sleep. An easy way to picture it is to think of the live-in caregiver as a really helpful roommate.
Live-in caregivers, as do all employees, take breaks, and when that happens we will provide a suitable short-term replacement caregiver. We plan these replacements to allow for some overlap so that the regular caregiver can acclimate the temporary caregiver to what needs to be done so that there is a seamless care experience for the client.
Benefits of Using a Live-In Caregiver
Live-in care has been part of our service offerings since our inception over 30 years ago, and we serve clients across Connecticut, all of which gives us an unrivaled breadth of experience. We have proven that live-in care is more cost effective, generally safer, and offers a better quality of life than other choices. These are some of the more important benefits of live-in care:
- Reduces loneliness and the feeling of isolation
- More cost effective than institutional care
- Can adapt to most environments – wherever you call home
- Constant “eyes and ears” presence in the home
- Care is personalized to the individual and can evolve over time
- Care is focused on not only physical needs or cognitive limitations, but also about maintaining independence, lifestyles, interests and hobbies
- Home is where the memories are, where families gather, and where new memories can continue to be made
- Recent events have shown that live-in care provides reduced risk of exposure by minimizing people coming and going
- Many long-term care policies cover live-in care, making care possible with little or no out-of-pocket cost – we work with most major carriers and our billing staff can help you navigate these arrangements
About Our Live-In Companions
Being a live-in companion is a special calling, and we’re honored to have some of the best in the business on our team. These are incredibly special women and men who collaboratively work with the family to provide needed care, all the while dedicating themselves and their attention to their clients and the care they provide. Once a live-in caregiver is matched with a client, they typically remain in place with that client for the long term.
Many of our live-in caregivers have been with us for years. In fact, we have several that have been with us for over 20 years! Most of our live-ins take advantage of our company sponsored health insurance, and many participate in our 401(k) retirement plan with quarterly company matches. We also offer access to state of the art online training, sign-on and referral bonuses, recognition programs and more, which helps us attract and retain the best live-in caregivers around.
You may also be interested in learn more about our Hourly Home Care services.